Print Friendly, PDF & Email

MIssy:  Help! we really want our daughter out of our school district when she turns 18 in January. They have done nothing but harm to her. Is it possible to attend another district’s transition program? We want her to be on a college campus with more adults. Thank you!

  1. You can certainly ask. And it is actually a pretty common occurrence.

    Consider it to be like asking for your child to attend any program or school outside your district. You will need to make your with through the Team process with the request, and have the Team agree that it is the best option for her (assuming you want to the district to pay for it).

  2. Have you reviewed your daughters options with a legal advocate in your district? I would have a plan for transition so you do not end up withdrawing. Review your options and make a plan.Take a vacation and get your supports in place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Please help us defeat spam. Thank you. *