This Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy Conference, a Wrightslaw training program featuring Wayne Steedman, Esq., is being sponsored by the Down Syndrome Guild of Dallas.
The program will be held at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas in the town of Irving, TX.
The One-day special education law and advocacy programs will focus on four areas:
- special education law, rights and responsibilities
- tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
* Early Bird Individual – $75
* Early Bird Professional (includes CLE/CEU) $95
Regular Individual – $95
Regular Professional (includes CLE/CEU) $120
* Early Bird registrants will receive FREE adobe.pdf downloads of Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed. and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2017, which includes all of the 2017 U. S. Court of Appeals special education cases and the two 2017 U. S. Supreme Court cases, Fry and Endrew F.
Conference fee includes coffee, water and tea along with assorted mini pastries and fruit, boxed lunch, gluten free boxed lunch or vegetarian boxed lunch, refreshments, a Wrightslaw highlighter pen, three Wrightslaw books – Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 3rd Ed., Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Ed., and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs provided the morning of the conference and then, within a week after the program, Wrightslaw will email those three books to each attendee in the adobe.pdf format. The three print and pdf books retail for $103.70.
Click here to register online.
Download and share the Save-the-Date flyer.
Credits: 6.0 CLEs (continuing legal education) credits through the State Bar of Texas are pending. 0.6 CEU’s (continuing education units) through Delta State University are approved.
Scholarships: Limited scholarships are available. Please email info |at| downsyndromedallas.org
Special Needs Accommodations: Contact Hannah Fredette by email hannah |at| downsyndromedallas.org no later than August 31, 2023.
Questions? Contact Hannah Fredette by telephone 214-267-1374 or email Hannah |at| downsyndromedallas.org
For ALL conference details to include the agenda and travel information, please click here!
Wrightslaw programs often fill up early – don’t miss out!
See you in Texas!