Bully Free World presents a specially designed tool kit for parents, teachers and students dealing with bullying and children with special needs.
This toolkit is a set of resources for people to confront bullying of children with special needs from all angles – from talking to your children to knowing your rights to teaching tolerance in schools.
- Top Ten Facts to know about bullying and children with special needs and…
- Unique challenges children with special needs face when encountering bullying
Now you have the facts, but want to DO something to help create a bully free world?
Getting started is easy.
- Write a letter to your child’s teacher.
- Ask your Principal to post your school’s anti-bullying policy in public places around the school building.
- Talk to your child about how he or she has experienced bullying.
- Read about the roles of bullying and identifying your personal place in the cycle of bullying.
David and Tina Long share their own personal, painful experience with bullying in the BULLY film. They took some time recently to record a message about why they’re excited about the resources available in the toolkit. Check it out the video.
Learn more from Wrightslaw about Bullying and Harassment. You will find information about bullying and harassment, prevention, legal decisions about harassment, and effective ways to respond to bullying.
Find out the bullying laws and policies in your state.