Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Anne:  My husband and I are divorced we have joint custody. Our daughter was tested and has a reading disability, ADD and visual processing issues. The team at school, including myself want to do an IEP but my ex-husband will not agree to it. Can we still have an IEP or do we both gave to sign. We are in Michigan.

  1. There are two primary types of joint custody – joint physical custody and joint legal custody. The answer to your question may depend on which arrangement you and your ex-husband have. If you are unable to agree, you may need to consult with a mediator or an attorney who specializes in domestic matters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Please help us defeat spam. Thank you. *