Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Maria: My son has an IEP, he is having trouble with his teacher. He is borderline ODD, we have requested to change teachers. The school keeps telling me no. How can I change his teacher?

  1. If they are following district policy, you cannot force them to make a change. Often principals do not like to do this, because it can upset teachers. If the teacher can be convinced that changing the child is her &/or your child’s best interest, then it has a better chance of happening.

  2. Your state may have regulations on this. The district should have policy/procedures on this. You can also try working with the special ed. director. You can check with the state education or state Parent Training & Information project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Please help us defeat spam. Thank you. *