Lucila: My son was diagnosed this summer with autism. He had an IEP before, first for speech then for executive functions and ADD. I requested the IEP through the district because of the new test results. His RSP teacher and the school psychologist said they disagree with the new diagnosis done by an outside agency. (The outside psychologist found some discrepancies in the test done by the district w the school psychologist)- since I am getting a little pushback and the school has been lax on my sons accommodations I asked an advocate to attend the IEP with me. The school called to postpone the meeting. They said they needed time to bring their lawyer to the meeting. It’s going to be two months before we get to the IEP because the district said that’s when their lawyer is available. Can they go past the 30 days all because I am bringing an advocate. They said if I hadn’t brought the advocate we could have had the meeting with in the 30 days but now I have to wait until their lawyer is available. Is this right?