Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Matt:  What happens when a student enrolls with expired evaluation…….?

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "Evaluations: EXPIRED EVALUATION"

Notify of

When a child transfers to a school district in the same state or a different state, the receiving school needs to get the student’s complete file, including evals, from the former district. In “Evaluation Procedures,” IDEA says:

“assessments of children with disabilities who transfer from 1 school district to another school district in the same academic year are coordinated with such children’s prior and subsequent schools, as necessary and as expeditiously as possible, to ensure prompt completion of full evaluations.” Evaluation Procedures, 20 U.S.C.§ 1414(b)(3)(D) see page 96 in Wrightslaw: Special Education Law

The receiving school must provide comparable services to those in the sending district’s IEP until the receiving school develops and implements a new IEP. (20 U.S.C.§ 1414(d)(2)(C))