1. Asking the music therapist to include IEP goals that include Karaoke songs from the last Kenny G album – or role modeling from the Dolly Parton does the best of Led Zepplin DVD.
2. Suggesting mud wrestling is a related service provided by an OT and can be reimbursed by Medicaid under the Affordable Health Care Act.
3. Suggesting transition IEP goals about joining a circus or ashram.
4. Requesting an Xtreme bingo cruise for ESY to recoup math skills.
5. Suggesting recreation and leisure time IEP goals of collecting owls made of shells, frogs made of ceramic, or lawn gnomes made of anything.
6. Sharing to0 many personal details at the IEP meeting. Examples may include:
- getting too excited about the number of stamps in your passport
- how many IEP meetings you have attended
- capital letters before or after your name
- number of names on your phone-favorites list
- number of people you could have married
- the size of your acreage
- how many Facebook friends you have
- your new twitter account
- how many times your wife caught you at the market staring at cheese for extended periods of time
7. During a break in the IEP meeting, talking about your personal role in starting the rumor that Paul, one of the Beatles, was dead or how many Burt Reynolds movie marathons you have attended.
8. Jell-O shots prior to IEP meeting.
9. Using Star trek type quotes during the IEP meeting. Examples may include:
- Scotty, beam that IEP up
- Please don’t do that in front of the school Klingons
- After you leave this campus, live long and prosper
- To go boldly where no IEP has gone before
- A measureable IEP, the final frontier
10. Quoting your favorite Wrightslaw book passages in pig latin. ” Etterlay otay a-way angerstray illway etgay esultsray”. ( translation below**)
**Etterlay otay a-way angerstray illway etgay esultsray” translates – “Letter to a Stranger will get results”
More Top 10s from a Texas Advocate