Pete and Pam Wright Answer Questions about Compensatory Education, IEPs and IEP Meetings in New Webinar

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

In May 2020, Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge invited four special education attorneys to a webinar for parents,  “Special Education in the COVID-19 Quarantine.” The attorneys, Pete Wright, Jack Robinson, Piper Paul, and Wayne Steedman, covered several topics, including:

  • Compensatory education,
  • Your child’s special education rights during the pandemic,
  • How and why of data collection (progress monitoring), and
  • How to best advocate for your child

After the May webinar, Dr. Roseann received more than 1,000 follow-up questions. Last week, she gathered the most frequently asked questions, then sat down with Pam and Pete Wright of to answer these questions. The new webinar is available today.

Register to receive a FREE copy of this new webinar, Special Ed in During COVID-19: Pete & Pam Wright Answer Questions about Compensatory Education, IEPs and IEP Meetings

Help Others: Please share this new webinar, Pete and Pam Wright Answer Questions About Comp Ed, IEPs, and IEP Meetings on your social media.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
11/05/2020 9:22 pm

Can a child enrolled in special ed be placed in a new class without the parent receiving notification from special services?

11/06/2020 2:28 pm
Reply to  Andrea

Schools must involve parents if a change of placement is being considered. Placement means type of service provided, not the location of those services. If a student is moved from one “resource” or self-contained special ed classroom to another on the same or even a different campus that is not a change of placement under federal rules. Of course, it is best practice to inform the parent ahead of time and the reasons for this..

11/06/2020 2:40 pm
Reply to  Andrea

Depends, was it just a class (different teacher, different period) change or a service change (was co-taught and then moved to small group w/o parent notification). In my state, the answer to the first scenario would be yes while the answer to the second would be no.

09/26/2020 6:55 pm

Can a school district have a music teacher, art Teacher or person who does in school suspension teach as part of special ed services inside the General ed classroom?

09/28/2020 1:49 pm
Reply to  Kathy

Your state should have rules on what certification is required for that situation. I suggest contacting your state education agency or state parent training & information center.