From High School to College: Steps to Success for Students with Disabilities by Elizabeth Hamblet, an excellent new book about transition, is in the Wrightslaw Store. This book is an essential resource for college-bound students, their families, and the educators and counselors who work with them (quantities are limited). College is a different world from high school. The laws, expectations, and culture around disability services and accommodations are different, too.
In From High School to College: Steps to Success for Students with Disabilities you will learn about:
* the college disability services process,
* research on what makes students with disabilities successful at college,
* advice from college advisors on applying to schools
* admissions advice from deans at several colleges
* insights from college disability services directors, transition specialists, current college students, and
* the voices of students who made the transition.
From High School to College: Steps to Success for Students with Disabilities by Elizabeth Hamblet (ISBN 13: 978-0-86586-520-4, 202 pages, soft cover, ($29.95) provides a clear path to prepare students with disabilities for a successful transition to college.
Elizabeth Hamblet, a Columbia University Learning Specialist/Consultant and recognized transition speaker and writer, has written a unique step-by-step guide that is an essential resource for college-bound students, their families, and the special educators and school counselors who work with them.