In your experience, do schools treat and discipline all children fairly?
* Are schools more likely to suspend or expel children with disabilities? Children of color?
* English language learners? Homeless kids?
* Should all children be able to attend safe schools and be educated in supportive classrooms?
The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) wants to know what you think . . . and they are making it easier for you to provide information about how discipline works in pre-K through grade 12 schools.
OCR is asking teachers, students, parents, and other interested parties to submit written comments about what OCR can do to help schools …
* eliminate discrimination in discipline,
* deal with disparities, and
* improve school climate and safety.
Please help OCR by sharing your experiences, observations, and research in written comments.
Deadline to submit your comments: July 23, 2021