Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Jennifer: My ASD daughter is in self contained class with a much larger male classmate who has become aggressive toward teacher and scaring my daughter to the point she is getting aggressive. What can we do or ask for from the school admin?

  1. You need to document what is happening in the classroom. If your knowledge is based upon what your daughter or other people told you, you still need to document the problems and your observations about the impact on your daughter.

    Write a letter to the school administrators (superintendent, director of special ed, school principal, head of your child’s IEP team). Ask for an IEP meeting to develop a plan so your daughter isn’t harmed, emotionally or physically.

  2. You can share your concerns with the principal, & special ed director, & request an IEP meeting to discuss this situation, & how it is impacting your child.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Please help us defeat spam. Thank you. *