|Home > News > The Special Ed Advocate News Alert, May 3, 2000|
and Companion CD-ROM (Deluxe Edition)
You had suggestions. We listened.
Some people who purchased Wrightslaw: Special Education Law said, "I need to find information fast -- I wish you had a digital version of the book."
Other people said, "I wish Wrightslaw: Special Education Law included the valuable commentary about the IDEA regulations from the Federal Register."
Many people said, "My state is out of compliance with the IDEA. I need a searchable version of the IDEA Compliance Report, "Back to School on Civil Rights," so I can educate the decision makers in my state."
DELUXE EDITION OF WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW
Within the next couple of weeks, Harbor House Law Press will make available a limited number of "deluxe editions" of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, with Companion CD-ROM, for $39.95. The original or standard edition of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW will continue to be available for $29.95. The Companion CD-ROM contains several hundred of pages of legal reference information.
CONTENTS OF WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM
1. WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW - ALL (entire book as one PDF File)
2. WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, BY CHAPTER (each chapter is a separate PDF File)
(NOTE: Having WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW available as one file AND by chapter is designed to make it easier for you to do research and find specific information in the book. )
3. FEDERAL REGISTER, March 12, 1999 (Vol. 64, No. 48) that includes the IDEA Regulations, along with extensive explanations, commentary and attachments.
4. THE IDEA COMPLIANCE REPORT, "Back to School on Civil Rights, released by the National Council on Disability on January 25, 2000.
NOTE: The IDEA Compliance Report is included in the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM because we believe this comprehensive report should be available to all parents, advocates and attorneys who represent the interests of children with disabilities.
5. ADOBE ACROBAT READER 4.05
SPECIFICATIONS: This CD-ROM is a "hybrid" so it can be read by Windows and Macintosh platforms.
But what about people who already have WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW? We didnít want you to have to relinquish your dog-eared copies of the book!
We devised a CD ROM OFFER so prior purchasers can "upgrade" to the deluxe edition, before the new edition is available to the public.
Except for this pre-publication offer to prior purchasers, the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM will only be available as a supplement to WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
1. Current owners of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW can purchase the new WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM from the Wrightslaw store for $14.95 ( + 3.95 for shipping and handling).
2. The pre-publication offer for the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM runs from Wednesday, MAY 3 to Friday, MAY 12, 2000.
when we receive orders for 500 CD-ROMs, whichever comes first.
1. You must own WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
2. You must provide proof of ownership.
3. Orders for the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM must be placed through the Wrightslaw Internet Store.
Your credit card will NOT be billed until your CD-ROM is shipped.
1. This Offer is good through Friday, MAY 12, 2000 OR until we receive orders for 500 CD-ROMs, whichever comes first.
2. This Offer is limited to current owners of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW.
3. This Offer is limited to one per household.
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
1. PURCHASE FROM WRIGHTSLAW OR HARBOR HOUSE
If you purchased WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW directly from Wrightslaw or Harbor House Law Press (through our online store, or by fax, phone, or check), please note whether the purchase was by fax, phone, mail, or the online store and write the approximate date of purchase in the "Ordering Instructions" field of the online Order Form so we can confirm your purchase.
2. PURCHASE FROM A RETAIL STORE
If you purchased WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW from a retail bookstore (i.e., pursuant to our recent "Buy one, get one free" promotion) and sent us the required information, please explain this and include the approximate date of purchase in the "Ordering Instructions" field of the online Order Form so we can confirm your purchase.
3. RECEIVED FROM ANOTHER SOURCE
If you received WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW from another source (i.e. an online bookseller like Amazon.com or b&n.com, or as a gift), please provide details about how, when and where you received the book in the "Ordering Instructions" field of the online Order Form.
NOTE: If you cannot provide proof of ownership we reserve the right to reject your CD-ROM request without further communication.
If you do not own WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW (and are not eligible for this special promotion), please donít fret!
Within the next couple of weeks, weíll send out an Alert advising subscribers when the deluxe edition of WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW, with Companion CD-ROM, is available.
SPECIFIC ORDERING INFORMATION
To upgrade and purchase the WRIGHTSLAW COMPANION CD-ROM for $14.95 now, follow this link to our online store
The Special Offer is not identified as a CD-ROM but is identified as "Special Promotion 000503" with no other descriptors. After May 12, 2000, or after sale of 500 CDs, whichever comes first, "Special Promotion 000503" will be removed from the online store.