|Home > Advocacy Libraries > Newsletter Archives > 1999 > July 15|
1. Special Ed Advocate - Wrightslaw Website Revisions, Upgrades and Other News
During the past few weeks, we made extensive revisions to The Special Ed Advocate-Wrightslaw web site. The Wrightslaw Libraries contains hundreds of articles, letters, cases, newsletters, and news items about special education law and advocacy.
This issue of The Special Ed Advocate newsletter provides you with information about these changes and lots of new LINKS.
We hope these revisions will reduce the "load time" and allow you to access our Libraries more quickly.
The main changes are in the ADVOCACY LIBRARY. Now, when you go to the ADVOCACY LIBRARY, you will find links to three separate areas:
For ADVOCACY ARTICLES, go to
For LETTERS TO WRIGHTSLAW, go to
For the NEWSLETTER ARCHIVES, go to
For updates about legal issues and news, go to THE NEWSROOM at -
2. New Links To Great Articles
ADVOCACY ARTICLES contains dozens of articles. Here are links to a few of the most popular articles:
1. Crisis! Emergency! HELP! is at
2. From Emotions to Advocacy: The Parents Journey is at
3. Learning Problems at School: Whose FAULT Is It? is at
4. Understanding Tests and Measurements for the Parent and Advocate is at
5. Your Child's IEP: Practical and Legal Guidance for Parents is at
6. The Art of Writing Letters (taken from our upcoming book, From Emotions to Advocacy) is at
We will provide you with more links
in later issues of this newsletter.
3. News! "Wrightslaw: Special Education Law" Available Soon- Sales are Brisk
On the afternoon of July 12, 1999, we sent out a News Release about WRIGHTLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW to newsletter subscribers.
We advised subscribers about a Pre-publication Offer for book orders placed on or before July 31, 1999 and a special discount for bulk purchases of more than 25 books.
Organizations and disability groups are taking advantage of this bulk purchase offer. Several groups are purchasing WRIGHTSLAW: SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW now, with plans to sell the book at their conferences.
We added a store to the site so people can place orders online. Orders can also be placed by toll-free FAX or MAIL.
Within minutes, orders began to pour in. At one point, online book orders were coming in at the rate of one a minute. Since Monday, many subscribers have written with additional questions about how to purchase the book. Here are the main links-
For ordering information, go to