This unique book includes:
- Verdicts in jury trials and multi-million dollar settlements in teacher abuse cases
- All decisions in IDEA cases by Courts of Appeals between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015
- All "Dear Colleague" Policy and Guidance letters published by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) and the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS) in 2015
- Discrimination cases initiated and settled by the Department of Justice
- Background and pleadings in a discrimination case about a child who needed her service dog at school that may be decided by the Supreme Court this year
- Tutorial on how to use Google Scholar as a powerful legal research tool
- Emerging issues and trends in special education law and how the law is evolving
Download the Introduction (PDF)
Chapter 1. Legal Concepts and Education Law. Legal terms and concepts; an overview of the federal laws that that govern the education of children with disabilities; judicial interpretations; factors that cause law to evolve and change.
Chapter 2. Legal News and Developments. Jury trials and verdicts on monetary damages; multi-million dollar settlements in teacher abuse cases; settlements in cases by the U.S. Department of Justice; "Dear Colleague" Guidance and Policy letters from the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) and the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services (OSERS) in 2015.
Chapter 3. Decisions in IDEA Cases by Courts of Appeals in 2015. A Table of Decisions includes the date, court, judge (if known), synopsis of the legal issues, outcome, and prevailing party in each case. Each case in the Table of Decisions is linked to a detailed summary of the case and includes a link to the full text of the decision.
Chapter 4. Legal Research and Tutorial on Google Scholar. Google Scholar, a powerful legal research tool, is an accessible search engine that indexes the full text of federal and state legal decisions. Learn how to use Google Scholar and have Alerts sent to you when relevant cases are published.
Complete Table of Contents (PDF)
Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2015 PDF-Download
The PDF download includes bookmarks and page
thumbnails so you can move easily between chapters and pages. You
can search the entire book for specific terms or topics in seconds.
When you purchase the PDF Download, you will receive
a receipt by email that includes the download link. When you click the
link, the book file will be downloaded onto your computer.
Depending on your connection speed, this may take a few minutes.
The Table of Decisions includes the date, court, synopsis of legal issues, outcome, and prevailing party in the cases. Each case in the Table of Decisions is linked to a summary of the case where the Court's words are used to describe the issues in the case and the Court's rulings. Each case also includes a link to the full text of the decision as published in Google Scholar.