In This Issue ...
January 28, 2014
Join us at a Wrightslaw Training this year!
Conferences are available across the country in 2014.
The first issue of The Special Ed Advocate went out to 200 people in April, 1998.
Today, almost 94,000 people receive a copy of the weekly newsletter.
It's time for our annual progress report - and a big thank you from the Wrightslaw staff.
Wrightslaw continues to change and grow. You, our subscribers, are a big part of that progress!
We are blessed to have so many people who offer advice and ideas, send new cases, and share their struggles and successes.
We are grateful for your enthusiastic response to our website, books, and training programs.
We appreciate your emails and letters, your questions and comments on the Wrightslaw Way Blog, and your participation on YouTube and FB.
Thanks again for your input, encouragement, and support during the past year.
Pam & Pete Wright
Please don't hesitate to forward this issue of the Special Ed Advocate to other friends, families, or colleagues.
2013 Progress Report
Over 4.5 million people visited Wrightslaw in 2013, an increase of 1.2 million visits. Wrightslaw recorded over 16.6 million page views, an increase of 6 milion views.
The Wrightslaw Way Blog
4.2 million pages were viewed on The Wrightslaw Way Blog in 2013. In 2012, October was the busiest month ever with 59,000 visits. In October 2013, 75,000 visits were recorded on the Wrightslaw Way Blog, an increase of 16,000 monthly visits.
Thanks to our online community for continuing to problem solve by asking questions, sharing advice and getting information from others. Don't hesitate to use the COMMUNITY HELPLINE to ask or answer a question. Visit the HELPLINE Archives for questions asked and answered on Topics A-K and Topics L-Z.
Wrightslaw Channel on YouTube
In 2013, Pete created the Wrightslaw Channel on YouTube. Topics include RTI, Test Protocols, Organization of the File, Dyslexia, & The Military Child. You will also find videos on the statutes, regulations, and caselaw.
Wrightslaw on Facebook
Thank you for joining Wrightslaw on Facebook. We appreciate the support of nearly 22,000 Wrightslaw friends.
What's in Store at Wrightslaw?
New! Check out the immediate download available of Writing the Due Process Request Letter or State Complaint and other great products in the Wrightslaw Store.
back to the top
Top 10 Articles in 2013
1. Tests and Measurements for the Parent, Teacher, Advocate & Attorney by Pete Wright, Esq. and Pam Wright, M.A., M.S.W.
2. Understanding Dysgraphia
3. My Child with a 504 Plan is Failing, School Won't Help
4. 12 Rules for Writing GREAT Letters by Pamela Wright, MA, MSW.
5. Functional Behavior Assessments: What, Why, When, Where, and Who? by Stephen Starin, Ph.D
6. Independent Educational Evaluations: What? Why? How? Who Pays? by Wayne Steedman, Esq.
7. 8 Steps to Better IEP Meetings: Play Hearts, Not Poker by Jennifer Bollero, Esq.
8. How to Request a One-to-one Paraprofessional for Your Child by Wayne Steedman, Esq.
9. Your Child's IEP: Practical and Legal Guidance for Parents by Pam and Pete Wright.
10. Response to Intervention: Guidelines for Parents and Practitioners by James B. Hale.
back to the top