Need Help?
Visit the Yellow Pages for Kids

Yellow Pages for Kids    l   Blog   l    Law   l    Advocacy    l  Training   l     Store    l  Subscribe   l    Sitemap   l   Contact Us

In This Issue . . .

Circulation: 96,516
ISSN: 1538-320
May 27, 2014

Wrightslaw Yellow Pages for Kids with DisabilitiesWe live in Alaska, but my daughter's placement is in Oregon. I'm having trouble with the school districts in both states. Where can I get help?

I need to find a good ABA program in Texas? Can you help?

I need to get an evaluation of my child - Please held me find a good evaluator in Iowa!

Advocating for your child feels overwhelming. The Yellow Pages for Kids can help!

In this issue of the Special Ed Advocate, you will learn how to use the Yellow Pages for Kids to find accurate information, resources, and help in your state.

Please don't hesitate to forward this issue to other friends, families, or colleagues.

Wrightslaw Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities

Find Help in Your State

To answer your requests for help, we built the Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities for every state and territory.

Your state Yellow Pages includes listings for psychologists, educational diagnosticians, therapists, health care providers, academic tutors, special education schools, advocates, attorneys, support and study groups, and others who provide services to parents and children.

Use the state directory to look for an individual in the private sector.

Find Help on the Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities

Help Others! Apply for a FREE Listing in the Yellow Pages

Do you help parents and caregivers get services for children with disabilities (i.e., you are an evaluator, educational consultant, tutor, advocate, attorney, special education school, etc.)?

Do you belong to an organization that provides parents with information and assistance? Do you facilitate a support or study group for parents of children with disabilities? Apply for a free listing today!

Wrightslaw: All About Tests and Assessments

Finding a Good Evaluator: What Education and Training do Evaluators Have?

If your child needs a psycho-educational evaluation, the examiner should have a master’s or doctoral degree in education, clinical psychology, or school psychology. If your child needs a neuropsychological evaluation, the evaluator will have a doctoral degree in psychology and training in neuropsychology. Evaluators should:

  • have the credentials required by the laws of your state
  • be trained according to the requirements of test publishers
  • be willing to answer questions about their education, training, and experience

You should check references and review credentials.

Learn more about evaluator qualifications on page. 4, Chapter 1: So You Think Your Child Needs and Evaluation? in Wrightslaw: All About Tests and Assessments.


Meet Our Sponsors

Find out why you should advertise with us.

Advocate meeting

User Guide: Learn How to Build Your Team

We created a Yellow Pages User Guide to help you find useful information on the Yellow Pages site. The User Guide includes search tips and advice about how to get the education and training you need. You'll also learn how to find an attorney or advocate or evaluator, how to build your team, and much more.


back to the top

What People Are Saying About The Special Ed Advocate Newsletter

"Thanks for the trustworthy information and support you provide through the Wrightslaw web site and newsletter. You helped our family act when we needed to - we are thriving now."


Great Products From Wrightslaw

Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Edition, by Pam and Pete Wright Wrightslaw: All About IEPs

Surviving Due Process: Stephen Jeffers v. School Board

About the Book
To Order
About Book
To Order
About Book
To Order
About DVD Video
To Order