Print this page
Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy Conference
with Pete Wright, Esq.
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy Conference, a Wrightslaw training program featuring Pete Wright, Esq., is being sponsored by the Parent Information Center.
The program will be held at:
Sky Meadow Country Club
6 Mountain Laurels Drive
Nashua, NH 03062
One-day special education law and advocacy programs focus on four areas:
Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education. The program is not disability specific.
- special education law, rights and responsibilities
- tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
- SMART IEPs
- introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
- IDEA History, Book Overview
- Section 1400 Findings, Purpose
- Section 1401 Definitions: Disability, Special Education, Related Services, LD, etc.
Section 1412 ESY, Child Find, LRE, Private Placements
- Understanding Test Data with the Bell Curve
Section 1414 Evaluations and IEPs
- Section 1415 Due Process, Rules of Procedure, Discipline
- Section 504, ADA, FERPA, ESSA, OCR, USDOJ
- Legal Research - how to find cases
- Endrew F. + Fry SCOTUS and other recent cases
From Emotions to Advocacy
- Developing the Master Plan
- Knowing the Rules of the Game
- Dealing with Conflict
- Crisis, Emergency, Help
- Organization of the File
- SMART IEPs
- Tactics and Strategies
- The Letter to the Stranger
- 5 Ws + H + E
- Meeting Strategies
Questions and Answers
* Early Bird
On or Before
February 1, 2020
|PIC Volunteer Advocates
* Early Bird registrants will receive FREE downloads of Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Ed. and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2017. Retail value $34.90.
Conference fee includes light breakfast, lunch, snacks, a Wrightslaw highlighter pen and the three Wrightslaw books which retail for $62.85 - Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Edition, Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Edition, and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs.
Click here to register online.
Download and share the Save-the-Date flyer.
Scholarships: No scholarships are available through the sponsor. Family members of individuals with developmental disabilites can often obtain a scholarships (small grant) through the NH Council on Developmental Disabilites. Note: The 2020 budget may still be under review.
Questions? Contact Christine Anderson by email admin |at| picnh.org or by telephone 603-224-7005 ext. 111.
Wrightslaw programs often fill up early - don't miss out!
Logistics, Directions and Accommodations
Map and directions to the Sky Meadow Country Club.
Parking is free at the Sky Meadow Country Club.
Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT)
(approximately 23 minutes to venue)
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
(approximately 46 minutes to venue)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gateway Hills Nashua (5 minutes from venue)
Radisson Hotel Nashua (6 minutes to venue)
Courtyard by Marriott Nashua (14 minutes to venue)
DoubleTree by Hilton Nashua (14 minutes to venue)
Note: Sponsor suggests allowing extra time between the hours of 7:30 am and 9:00 am and from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
Click here for a list of additional local hotels.
To Wrightslaw Seminars & Training
Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities
the Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities so people can get reliable information and support.
The State Yellow Pages has many useful resources - evaluators, educational consultants, academic tutors, support groups, grassroots organizations, advocates, attorneys and others who help parents get services for their children.
If you provide a service, sign up to be listed on the Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities - this is a free service from Wrightslaw.
Wrightslaw Seminars & Training