The William & Mary Law Institute of Special Education Advocacy Summer Conference is accepting applications for the five-day training program in special education advocacy scheduled from Sunday, July 25 through Friday, July 30, 2021.
Will this be your year to take the plunge? (take a look at the Agenda below).
- 30 sessions on applicable laws, ethics, best practices in advocacy, strategies in working with parents and schools, and dispute resolution procedures
- taught by nationally recognized leaders from across the country
- designed for experienced advocates, law students, new attorneys, and attorneys who are new to special education law; and law students – credit & noncredit
- CEU and CLE credit anticipated (including Ethics)
- advanced advocacy track for ISEA alumni
- simulations of Eligibility and IEP meetings
- 20+ hours of asynchronous instruction; and the
- Certificate in Special Education Advocacy from William & Mary Law School
The Application includes registration details, costs, the applicant questionnaire, and pre-conference assignments.
Registration is $950. for attorneys and $825. for advocates, non-attorneys, and noncredit-seeking law students. Two or more advocates and/or attorneys from the same organization will receive a 10% discount on each registration. Applications are reviewed on a bi-weekly rolling basis until the class is full.
The William & Mary Law Institute of Special Education Advocacy is hosted by the William & Mary Law School and co-sponsored by the PELE Special Education Advocacy Clinic and Wrightslaw.