Related services are the developmental, corrective, and supportive services your child needs to meet the measurable goals in the IEP and receive a free, appropriate public education (FAPE).
Related services include, but are not limited to:
- Speech-language and audiology services
- Interpreting services
- Psychological services and social work services in schools
- Counseling services and rehabilitation counseling
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, orientation and mobility services
- Recreation and therapeutic recreation
- Early identification and assessment of disabilities in children
- School health and school nurse services
- Medical services for diagnostic or evaluation purposes
- Parent and teacher training
Your child's IEP should include the frequency, duration, location, and projected dates for each related service.
The model IEP form published by the U.S. Department of Education (2006) provides the format to record required information about related services.